How to save your vacation from diarrhea
When traveling to a foreign country, you may be at risk for developing Traveler's Diarrhea.
This is especially true if your destination is a country suffering from poor sanitation methods.
Eating contaminated food or drinking contaminated water are the two most likely causes of Traveler's Diarrhea. Here are some tips on how to stay healthy.
Tips to avoid drinking contaminated water:
- Always drink bottled water or canned drinks instead of tap water
- Use bottled water, rather than tap water, to brush your teeth
- Avoid drinks topped up with ice cubes made from tap water
- If you’re going swimming, be careful not to swallow any water
Tips to avoid eating contaminated food:
- Check that your food has been cooked properly
- Don’t leave food uncovered and exposed on tables or countertops
- Wash your hands with soap before eating
- Try to avoid raw foods washed in tap water
- Avoid eating uncooked meats or seafood
- Avoid eating food from unknown sources
Find the answer in our FAQs.
Read our most commonly asked questions about diarrhea for answers to many of your questions.
It’s the only medicine that treats diarrhea along with the symptoms of gas, bloating, cramps and pressure. It works faster than Loperamide alone.
IMODIUM® A-D Caplets & Liquid work fast so you can get back to doing the things you love.
Take comfort in knowing that IMODIUM® A-D Liquid for use in children is the only over-the-counter brand anti-diarrheal that's FDA-approved for children ages 6 and up.
You can find IMODIUM® products wherever over-the-counter medicines are sold. A prescription is not required.