Use only as directed
If your young child has diarrhea, take comfort in knowing that IMODIUM<sup>®</sup> A-D Oral Solution (liquid) with Loperamide HCl is the only OTC brand anti-diarrheal medicine that’s FDA-approved for children ages 6 through 11.
Per 7.5 mL
Provides quick diarrhea relief and controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers’ Diarrhea, for children ages 6 and up.
• drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
• find right dosage on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
• shake well before using.
• use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
• mL = milliliter
adults and children
12 years and over
30 mL after the first loose stool;
15 mL after each subsequent loose stool;
but no more than 60 mL in 24 hours
children 9-11 years (60-95 lbs)
15 mL after first loose stool;
7.5 mL after each subsequent loose stool;
but no more than 45 mL in 24 hours
children 6-8 years (48-59 lbs)
but no more than 30 mL in 24 hours
children 2-5 years (34 to 47 lbs)
children under 2 years (up to 33 lbs)
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to Loperamide HCl.
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death.
Do not use:
• if you have bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
• mucus in the stool
• a history of liver disease
• a history of abnormal heart rhythm
Ask a doctor before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Loperamide may interact with certain prescription drugs.
When using this product tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
• symptoms get worse
• diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
• you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
• each 30 mL contains: sodium 16 mg
• store between 20-25°C (68-77°F).
It’s the only medicine that treats diarrhea along with the symptoms of gas, bloating, cramps and pressure. It works faster than Loperamide alone.
IMODIUM® A-D Caplets & Liquid work fast so you can get back to doing the things you love.
Take comfort in knowing that IMODIUM® A-D Liquid for use in children is the only over-the-counter brand anti-diarrheal that's FDA-approved for children ages 6 and up.
IMODIUM® products contain Loperamide, which works with your body to help restore its natural rhythm.