Start small, feel the difference
Regular exercise combined with a healthy diet can also reduce stress and benefit your general wellness.
Ideally, strive towards exercising several times a week.
Consider walking, swimming, jogging or cycling – or choose an exercise class that’s convenient with your schedule.
You can also make smaller inroads to combat a sedentary lifestyle through incorporating other activities into your daily routine.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator
- Walk instead of taking the bus
- Get off the bus one or two stops early and walk the rest of the way
- Park your car further away from where you need to be – and walk
- Walk the long way to work, perhaps taking in a park
- Borrow the neighbor’s dog and take it for a walk
Be aware that some forms of exercise – like running – can cause diarrhea in some people. If you believe that your exercise routine may be causing your diarrhea, talk to your healthcare professional.